Haiku Deck for Bloggers
Haiku Deck is not just for stand-up-and-talk presentations; it’s also an incredibly easy (and fun) way to add rich content to your blog or website. Photos are one of the best ways to engage readers, and with Haiku Deck you can create killer slideshows like this one in no time flat
10 Ways To Add “Wow” To Your Blog With Haiku Deck – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires
(For more detail and links to specific examples, be sure to view the deck with accompanying notes on the Haiku Deck site.)
Step 1: Get Haiku Deck
- Haiku Deck for iPad and iPad mini: You can download the free app here.
- Other platforms: Click GET HAIKU DECK in the top right corner of this page. Add your email and the platform you’d like to request, and you’ll be among the first to try our Web App.
Step 2: Create a Haiku Deck Account
You can sign in with email, Facebook, or Twitter. Be sure to make a note of how you sign in, because you’ll need to sign in to the website the same way.
Step 3: Get to Know Haiku Deck
Here’s a quick video intro to Haiku Deck:
Meet Haiku Deck from Haiku Deck on Vimeo.
- For inspiration, tap GALLERY to browse some popular and featured decks
- Tap the + sign at the bottom to create a new deck
- Try using the built-in keyword image search and using your own images (you can take them with the iPad camera, select from your camera roll, or import from Instagram, Dropbox, and other sources)
- Try choosing a new theme to change the look of your deck
- Try creating a pie chart or bar graph
- Create a deck to introduce yourself
- Create a list of things you love or things you believe in
- Create a deck to articulate your personal manifesto
Step 4: Explore More Features and Get Inspired
Tutorials and Getting Started
Haiku Deck is all about simple, beautiful, and fun. We have tried to make the app as easy as possible to use, but here are some helpful resources.
- 10 Tips to Transform Your Presentations (Haiku Deck illustrating our core philosophy of simple, beautiful, and fun):
- Haiku Deck Tutorial: Getting Started (Basic navigation and settings)
- Edit Mode Tutorial (Creating and working with slides)
- More Tutorials and Videos (Pinterest board)
- Haiku Deck Support page (For fast, personalized help – really!)
Blog Photos and Visuals
Just type a few words, find a matching (free) Creative Commons licensed photo, and apply stylish formatting with a couple of taps. The app pulls in photo attribution automatically, which is a huge time saver. You can also create a beautiful chart or graph or import your own blog photos from Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, and other services.
- Free Photos for All: How Haiku Deck Puts Creative Commons Images at Your Fingertips (About the built-in keyword image wearch, which taps into millions of Creative Commons images with automatic attribution)
- Import Images to Haiku Deck Like a Pro (How to use images from your camera roll, photo stream, and online services like Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more)
- Premium Images from Getty Images, Now in Haiku Deck (Seamless, affordable, in-app licensing from the world leader in premium stock photography)
- Presentation Inspiration: 3 Power Tips for Selecting Images (Tips for effective visual storytelling)
- Presentation Templates with Pizzazz (An overview of Haiku Deck’s stylish, professionally designed free and premium themes, each with integrated fonts, image filters, and color palettes)
- Charts and Graphs Made Easy with Haiku Deck (How to create simple, beautiful pie charts, bar charts, and stat charts right in Haiku Deck with intuitive touch controls)
- Charts and Graphs Pinterest board (Examples of colorful and creative Haiku Deck pie charts, bar charts, and stat charts)
Haiku Deck has been embraced by bloggers around the world including Seth Godin — the “Most People” Haiku Deck embedded on his blog is one of the most-viewed Haiku Decks of all time:
- Blogging Case Studies (Pinterest board with dozens of examples showing how bloggers have used Haiku Deck creatively)
- 250K Views! The Story of the Most Popular Haiku Deck of All Time (Case study and guest Q&A with design blogger Desiree Groenendal)
- “About Me” Pinterest board (Examples of clever “About Me” Haiku Decks from our creative community)
- Lists Pinterest board (From “The Ten Commandments of Twitter” to “5 Ecommerce Lessons,” killer blog-friendly slideshows from our creative community
- Manifestos Pinterest board (From “What I Carry” to “Why I Bake,” words to live by from our creative community)
- Presentation Inspiration: The Best Haiku Decks of 2012
- Blog Inspiration: Guest Q&A with Haiku Deck Guru Megan Hunt
- Weekly Editorial Schedule using Haiku Deck on emmasdesignblog
Embedding Your Haiku Deck
- Blogger, Blogspot, Tumblr, TypePad, and other sites
- Using a Linked Screenshot
Haiku Deck is an awesome way to enrich your blog, drive traffic, and build your audience. Every deck you create can be easily tweeted, posted, and shared across social networks, and the best ones often rack up thousands of views. We regularly feature blogging case studies with our vibrant creative community right here on our blog and in our newsletter, so there’s an opportunity to build your readership through that visibility as well.
- How to Enrich Conferences and Events with Haiku Deck (Inspiring examples of how to use Haiku Deck to promote events, capture ideas, and share reflections at events large and small)
- Haiku Deck SEO Checklist (How to maximize the SEO value of your Haiku Deck)
- 23 Ways to Share Your Haiku Deck (How to present a Haiku Deck live or tweet it, post it, email it, pin it, and embed it)
Step 5: Join Our Creative Community
- Follow Haiku Deck on Twitter
- Connect with Haiku Deck blogging Gurus @lasertron, @wtownley, @billseaver, @WTFMarketing on Twitter
- Sign up for the Haiku Deck Blogger Club to unlock a free premium Haiku Deck theme and get personalized tips for your blogging platform
- Join our Google+ community
- Find us on Facebook
- Send your best decks to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for our Gallery, Pinterest boards, or a case study
If you have more questions about Haiku Deck or need additional materials, we are always here to help! Just leave us a note in the comments.