How does our co-founder and CEO Adam Tratt explain what Haiku Deck is all about in just a few minutes?
He recently chatted on HuffPost Live with host Mike Sacks who — like most of us, let’s face it — has had to sit through “countless mind-numbing presentations.”
Adam: “The process of creating slide decks is often so dreadful.”
Mike: “It’s awful! It’s totally dreadful!”
In this short HuffPost Live video interview, Adam shares four best practices in presentation design that have shaped Haiku Deck, and his thoughts on why most presentation tools don’t set people up for success.
Another great quote from Adam: “The way I see it, the most wonderful thing we get to do as humans is tell a story or share an idea. And isn’t it a shame when you sit in front of one of those tools, and it feels like this soul-sucking experience.”
“The way I see it, the most wonderful thing we get to do as humans is tell a story or share an idea.”
P.S. We showcase exactly these kinds of wonderful stories and ideas in our Gallery each week.
More Web App Launch Coverage
The HuffPost chat was only one of a few amazing pieces of press coverage for our recent Web App launch — many thanks to all who took the time to try out the Web App and share the story!
- Haiku Deck Launches, Brings Upstart Software To Us, On All Our Desktops, in TechCrunch (Thank you, Darrell Etherington!)
- Haiku Deck launches a Web-based version of its simple, yet elegant iPad presentation app, in The Next Web (Hai-5, Nick Summers!)
- Haiku Deck on the Web Might Make You Forget About All Other Slideshow Tools, in Free Tech for Teachers (You’re awesome, Richard Byrne!)
- Haiku Deck rolls out Web-based service to take on PowerPoint’s stronghold, tops 800,000 downloads, in Geekwire (Thanks for stopping by, John Cook!)
- Haiku Deck Expands Its Anti-PowerPoint Presentation App to the Web, in AllThingsD (Hai-5, Bonnie Cha!)
- Haiku Deck, Para Crear Presentaciones Elegantes en la Red, in WWWhatsnew (Mil gracias, Fco. José Hidalgo!)
Read even more coverage of Haiku Deck on our Reviews page.