You’ve always been able to import charts and graphs into Haiku Deck, but one of the most exciting features of our new version is the ability to create your own, right in the app. Like everything we do, we worked hard to make it simple, beautiful, and fun. That’s right…fun! No linked spreadsheets, no fussy formatting, no complicated formulas–just magical drag-to-edit and tap controls. Seriously, it’s actually fun.
Here’s a Haiku Deck that includes all three kinds of charts you can create: bar charts, pie charts, and stat charts.
Adding Charts and Graphs
1. In Edit mode, tap the blue image icon on the left, then the chart icon.
2. Tap to select one of the three options for charts (bar chart, pie chart, or stat chart), and then tap the green “DONE” button in the bottom right corner.
3. Tap the field at the top to give your chart a title. Now you can customize your chart.
Creating Bar Charts
- Add or subtract categories (up to a maximum of 8) by tapping the black ‘+‘ in the lower right corner of your graph or the red ‘x‘ below each category.
- Tap Edit Label below each category to give it a name.
- Tap Edit Units in the top left corner to specify the maximum and minimum values, as well as the intervals.
- Adjust the quantity for each category by pulling the circular handle up and down with your finger. (We could do this all day long. Seriously.)
Creating Pie Charts
- Add categories (up to a maximum of 8) by tapping the black ‘+’ in the center of the chart.
- Tap Edit Label to name each category.
- Set the value of each category by tapping it, then adjusting the circular handles with your finger.
- To enter the values as numbers, choose # at the top, type in your data, and then switch to %. The correct percentages will automatically be displayed.
- To delete a category, minimize it using one of the grey handles until the red ‘x‘ appears, then tap the ‘x‘. (You can also choose # and set the value as ‘0,’ then tap the ‘x.’
Creating Stat Charts
- Add or subtract categories (up to a maximum of 4) by tapping the black ‘+‘ on the right edge of the chart, or the red ‘x‘ below each category.
- For each category, tap # to specify a value, and Edit Label to add a caption for the statistic.
Automatic Color Palettes for Charts and Graphs
Each Haiku Deck Theme includes a coordinating color palette to give your charts and graphs a cohesive, polished look. Here is the same chart in Zissou and Cinematic theme, for example.
In Playback mode on your iPad, your charts and graphs will build with beautiful animations.
You can also tap a section of pie or a bar to highlight a specific data point as you talk.
If you have any questions about the new charts and graphs feature, let us know. We’re always here to help!