Custom Charts and Graphs
One of the most exciting features in Haiku Deck is the ability to create your own charts and graphs, right in the app. Like everything we do, we worked hard to make it simple, beautiful, and fun. That’s right…fun! No linked spreadsheets, no fussy formatting, no complicated formulas–just magical drag-to-edit and tap controls. Seriously, it’s actually fun.
Here’s a Haiku Deck that includes all three kinds of charts you can create in the app: bar charts, pie charts, and stat charts. Below this example, details on how to use our awesome charts and graphs.
Why Work at Haiku Deck? – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspiresAdding Charts and Graphs
1. In Edit mode, go to the blue image icon on the left, then the chart icon.
2. Select one of the three options for charts (bar chart, pie chart, or stat chart), and then hit “DONE” button in the bottom right corner.
3. Click/tap the field at the top to give your chart a title. Now you can customize your chart.
Creating Bar Charts
- Add or subtract categories (up to a maximum of 8) by tapping the black ‘+‘ in the lower right corner of your graph or the red ‘x‘ below each category.
- Tap Edit Label below each category to give it a name.
- Tap Edit Units in the top left corner to specify the maximum and minimum values, as well as the intervals.
- Adjust the quantity for each category by dragging or pulling the circular handle up and down with your mouse / finger. (We could do this all day long. Seriously.)
- To change the scale from 100 to any other number larger or smaller, just click or tap on the Y-axis (the one on the left side).
Tip: To make a more precise bar graph, just click on the number to type in your value.
Creating Pie Charts
- Add categories (up to a maximum of 8) by tapping the black ‘+’ in the center of the chart.
- Tap Edit Label to name each category.
- On the iPad, set the value of each category by tapping it, then adjusting the circular handles with your finger.
- One the web, or to enter the values as numbers on the iPad, choose # at the top, type in your data, and then switch to %. The correct percentages will automatically be displayed.
- To delete a category, minimize it using one of the grey handles until the red ‘x‘ appears, then tap the ‘x‘. (You can also choose # and set the value as ‘0,’ then tap the ‘x.’
Creating Stat Charts
- Add or subtract categories (up to a maximum of 4) by tapping the black ‘+‘ on the right edge of the chart, or the red ‘x‘ below each category.
- For each category, tap # to specify a value, and Edit Label to add a caption for the statistic.
Automatic Color Palettes for Charts and Graphs
Each Haiku Deck theme includes a coordinating color palette to give your charts and graphs a cohesive, polished look. Here is the same chart in Zissou and Cinematic theme, for example.
Playback Mode (iPad Only)
In Playback mode on your iPad, your charts and graphs will build with beautiful animations.
You can also tap a section of pie or a bar to highlight a specific data point as you talk. Read more in our Haiku Deck Tutorial: Present Mode.
If you have any questions about the charts and graphs feature, let us know. We’re always here to help!